That’s why Conquer Cancer supports Cancer.Net, the award-winning patient information website of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), and ASCO’s comprehensive patient information program. With nearly 45,000 members, ASCO is the voice of the world’s cancer physicians, and Cancer.Net brings the expertise and resources of ASCO to people living with cancer, their caregivers, family members, and friends.
Cancer.Net and ASCO’s patient information program feature:
- Information on more than 120 types of cancer and related hereditary syndromes
- Videos, podcasts, and the Cancer.Net Blog
- A mobile app for patients with interactive tools
- Printed educational materials developed for people with cancer and their families
Conquer Cancer supports ASCO’s patient education program because it provides up-to-date and trusted resources for comprehensive cancer information. Cancer.Net’s content is reviewed and approved by the Cancer.Net Editorial Board, comprised of more than 150 medical, surgical, radiation, gynecologic, and pediatric oncologists, physician assistants, oncology nurses, social workers, and patient advocates.
Well-informed patients are their own best advocates and invaluable partners for physicians. By providing timely, comprehensive, oncologist-approved information, Cancer.Net and ASCO’s patient information program empowers people living with cancer, to help them make informed health care decisions.
“I’ve had three cancers … And when we would go to the doctor, a lot of times it was just so confusing and overwhelming, because even though I’ve been diagnosed previously, just to hear it again would be pretty scary. The last oncologist we were at, he actually took his prescription pad and turned it over and wrote ‘here’s a website I want you to go to—Cancer.Net, it has very accurate information’ … And so it has just been a great, great resource.” – Cindy Matter, Cancer.Net visitor
- Through our Patient Advocate Scholarship Program, advocates are awarded scholarships to attend the Annual Meeting of The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and ASCO Symposia, where they will:
- Learn about the latest advances in cancer research
- Develop skills in understanding and communicating research and information on issues such as cancer prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship
- Engage in networking and collaborative efforts with fellow advocates and advocacy organizations
2018 Patient Advocate Scholarship Program Supporters*:
Conquer Cancer acknowledges the following companies for their support of the Patient Advocate Scholarship Program in 2018:
Conquer Cancer Mission Endowment
Janssen Biotech, Inc. and Pharmacyclics LLC, an AbbVie Company
Juno Therapeutics, Inc.
Patient Access Network Foundation
*This list reflects commitments as of March 1, 2018.
We encourage you to learn more about our Patient Advocate Scholarship Program as well as additional programs that ASCO offers for advocates by visiting the Research and Advocacy section of ASCO’s patient website, Cancer.Net. If you would like to support the Patient Advocate Scholarship program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.