Conquer Cancer Foundation of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is proud to announce the winners of the 2018 Quality Care Symposium Merit Awards. These awards recognize early-career oncology professionals who have contributed to valuable research in the field of quality care. This year’s 10 recipients, who investigated methods for improving quality care measures, screening, and the effects of financial toxicity among other topics, will be recognized at the 2018 Quality Care Symposium in Phoenix, Arizona, this weekend.
The recipients and their abstracts are as follows:
• Priscila Badia Alonso, MD, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
• Cristiane Decat Bergerot, PhD, MS, BS, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
• Samuel Craig Brondfield, MD, University of California San Francisco
• Doreen Anuli Ezeife, MD, FRCPC, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
• Jose Nahun Galeas, MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine—Montefiore
• Christine Ann Garcia, MD, MPH, Stony Brook University Hospital
• Joshua Michael Gulvin, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
• Chrystal Ann Landry, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
• Whitney Lane, MD, Duke University Medical Center
• Daniel Aaron Roberts, MD, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
The 2018 Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Merit Awards are supported by AstraZeneca; Friends and Family of Dr. and Mrs. Ronald Beller; Dr. and Mrs. Douglas W. Blayney; Conquer Cancer Foundation; Estate of Darla C. Ellis; Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.; Janssen Biotech, Inc. and Pharmacyclics LLC (an AbbVie Company); Michael Kelley, MD, and Elise Hoffman, PharmD; Kidney Cancer Association; Lilly; Loxo Oncology; Merck & Co., Inc.; Friends and Family of Dr. James B. Nachman; Novartis Oncology; Dr. Kathleen Pritchard Medicine Professional Corporation; Frances A. Shepherd, MD, FASCO; Stephen A. Sherwin, MD; Drs. Rachna and Puneet Shroff; Mr. Jackson G. Simpson; and Takeda Oncology.
*This listing is current as of July 17, 2018.