ASCO’s Conquer Cancer Foundation is proud to announce the winners of the 2018 Palliative and Supportive Care in Oncology Symposium Merit Awards. These awards recognize early-career oncology professionals who have contributed to valuable research in the field of palliative care. This year’s researchers have explored a variety of topics, including the impact of social isolation on health outcomes and beliefs about advanced cancer, and are being recognized at the 2018 Quality Care Symposium in San Diego, CA, held November 16 – 17, 2018.
The recipients and their abstracts are as follows:
• Rajiv Agarwal, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
• Cristiane Decat Bergerot, PhD, MS, BS, Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
• Elizabeth Jane Cathcart-Rake, MD, Mayo Clinic
• Lauren Elizabeth Colbert, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
• Andrea Joan Cuviello, MD, Johns Hopkins University and National Institutes of Health
• Chrystal Ann Landry, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
• Kah Poh Loh, MD, University of Rochester Medical Center
• Emily Jean Martin, MD, University of California, San Diego
• Sara Moore, MD, BC Cancer
• Hanneke Poort, MSc, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
AstraZeneca; Conquer Cancer Foundation Cancer Research Restricted Fund; Friends and Family of Dr. and Mrs. Ronald Beller; Dr. and Mrs. Douglas W. Blayney; Estate of Darla C. Ellis; Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.; Janssen Biotech, Inc. and Pharmacyclics LLC (an AbbVie Company); Michael Kelley, MD, and Elise Hoffman, PharmD; Lilly; Loxo Oncology; Merck & Co., Inc.; Friends and Family of Dr. James B. Nachman; Novartis Oncology; Dr. Kathleen Pritchard Medicine Professional Corporation; Frances A. Shepherd, MD, FASCO; Stephen A. Sherwin, MD; Drs. Rachna and Puneet Shroff; Mr. Jackson G. Simpson; and Takeda Oncology.
*This listing is current as of October 31, 2018.