As a girl, Priscilla Brastianos’s mother told her stories of the grandmother she never knew: a medical student who diagnosed her own fatal breast cancer. The legend of her grandmother, who practiced medicine even in her final days, inspired Brastianos to become an oncologist and physician scientist. The death of Brastianos’s mother from the same disease – and the promise the young doctor made to her in her final days – drives her unwavering commitment to conquer it.
The 2012 Conquer Cancer Foundation Young Investigator Award (YIA) recipient talks to mentor Evanthia Galanis about the personal and professional journey that honors her family and patients at every turn.
- Lawrence Einhorn, MD, FASCO with Patrick Loehrer, MD, FASCO
The Path to A Cure
- Kathleen Knafl, PhD, FAAN and Deborah Mayer, PhD, AOCN, ANP-BC
When Cancer Is Your Career
- Lauren Goldstein and Lidia Schapira, MD, FASCO
Lessons in Loss
- Enrique Soto, MD and Yanin Chavarri, MD
Falling in Love With Oncology
- Brittany Sullivan and John Sullivan
Finding Hope in the Face of Cancer
- Matt Wiemer and Dave Wiemer