Guidelines for Promoting Award and Grant Winners
Conquer Cancer, the ASCO Foundation, takes great pride in its awards and grants programs and in the individuals and organizations selected each year to receive these honors. Our award and grant recipients are dedicated to improving the care of people living with cancer worldwide and are making great contributions to advancing cancer research. We would not be able to carry out our mission without these amazing individuals and organizations and the donors who support the foundation’s awards and grants program who help make our work possible.
Suggestions for Promotion
Conquer Cancer issues press releases announcing award and grant winners, and promotes this great news through our many member and public communications channels. Institutions and practices are welcomed and encouraged to recognize winners from their own organizations as well. As this information is embargoed, please refrain from distributing your own announcements until after you have been notified that the Foundation has distributed its own press release. Suggested ideas for promotion include:
- Profiling the award recipient on your website
- Distributing a press release to local media and posting it on your website
- Driving traffic to the announcement through your social media channels
- Including an announcement in your newsletter
You are welcome to use any text from the Conquer Cancer press release to develop your own. When drafting your press release, please:
- List the full name of the Foundation on the first mention: Conquer Cancer, the ASCO Foundation
- When noting the official award or grant name in first reference use: Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO before the name of the award. For example, Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Merit Award
- In any subsequent Foundation mentions use: Conquer Cancer
- If noted in the foundation press release, please reference the meeting/event at which the recipient will receive the award or grant.
- Include a link to the foundation’s website, CONQUER.ORG, so readers know where to go to get more information about the award or recipient.
- Note the supporter(s) of the award, so that they receive recognition and continue to support the programs that made this award possible.
Use of the Logo
Requests for use of the Conquer Cancer logo will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Thank you for reaching your constituents with this great news and helping promote the wonderful work of the award and grant recipients. Your news announcements do not need to be reviewed or approved by Conquer Cancer, however, if you plan to distribute a press release or make announcements in any of your communications channels, please let us know so we can make note of it. In addition, if you have any questions or need input on any of the content you are developing, you may contact ASCO Communications staff for assistance:
Amanda B. Narod
Senior Communications Manager